Thursday 10 November 2011

Making the intangible tangible


Our current project brief for platform 4 is 'making the intangible tangible'. In the last few weeks I have focused on Claustrophobia (Which is how my chosen space made me feel).
I have been struggling with a conversational device piece but this week have found my way! Looking at a variety of aspects concerning claustrophobia. The senses that affect this tangible quality; sight, sound, taste and smell. But something that I have found really interesting is the subject of breathing. The fear of not being able to escape and the lack of oxygen. I drawn and planned out my device, but am currently in the workshop putting it all together. I have made a small head model which I have conducted a few tests on. Looking at different materials I could use and how it can work. This short video is REALLY experimental. Its mostly just research documentation but I thought I would put it up anyway!
(also thank you Kirby for taking off her makeup, taking all her piercings out and almost passing out from breathing so much)


No comments:

Post a Comment