Tuesday 29 March 2011

Torture Bathroom


After my tutorial last week I felt a lot better about where I was going with my project. I decided to split my bathroom into stages. Washing hands, Toilet, Shower, Drying. The necessities of a bathroom. The model isn't quite finished I still need to evaluate height levels and work out the spatial aspects in more detail. The shower was inspired by a form of Chinese Water torture, where water is slowly dripped onto a persons forehead allegedly driving the victim insane. For the Drying area I looked at abattoirs, how meat was hung and relating this to the human body. The hand washing mechanism (top photos) were to be honest straight out of my head. Your hands are pinned down and when you move the scrubber cleans your hands (in theory) The model took a long time to make, and a lot of was trial and error. To link in with my previous projects, I liked the idea of incorporating the metal grating at London Wall, and climbing up to different levels where hopefully my toilet will be situated. All of the models are unfinished and will need adjusting over the next few weeks! Scale 1:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment