Wednesday 26 January 2011

Site Proposal-Mince Meat


Continuing from our HomeKit devices, we were told to choose a site that we felt linked to our performance/device in some way. I was still keen on pursuing my London Wall site with the metal grid structure, however was uninspired over christmas on how to develop this idea to create a piece of furniture as a proposal. After brainstorming and feedback from tutors, I wanted to look into the idea of the juxtaposition of flesh and metal, and instead of the metal taking over the delicate fleshiness on my mouth, i wanted to alter this concept and reverse the roles.

I experimented with minced beef as my meaty fleshy material, and used my 1:20 site sketch model to show how it would work. I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but the more I played around with it (which was actually LOADS of fun/messy and disgusting) I became more intrigued with the shapes and textures it created. Here are some photos of my first model I did. To be totally honest, it doesn't look that aesthetically pleasing, but i'm trying out this new way of working, if i have an idea just go with it, so that what i'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment