Monday 4 January 2010

Recording the Recorder

Today I went with Phoebe to our site again. We walked from London Bridge to South Bermondsey in the freezing cold. I have decided to do my 'Recording Device' on textures of surfaces, focusing on mostly walls rather than the ground. The only downside to my idea so far is the fact that when recording the subject it will have to be done over a long period of time, i.e. show how the growth of excrements on the walls has progressed from year to year (which is what at the moment I want my device to be able to do. I’ve done a few sketches of some machinery that would highlight this so I’ll put them up in my next entry.

What I found fascinating was the surface that was created from the weather change. It was so cold that a lot of the walls under the tunnels were completely iced over, creating an almost protective layer over the top.

The photos above don’t really look that interesting to be honest (well to me they do), but hopefully it will all make sense in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment