Sunday 3 January 2010

Knock Knock


When I was much younger our family used to go on walks round the farmland near our house, and there was this one tree that I was fascinated by. Obviously young and naive, I used to believe that it was a place where the fairy’s used to live, knocking on the door and shouting for it to open up. The keyhole that has been there for years and years has become the central point of the tree. Something so tiny and insignificant changes the way we look at something which we normally take for granted. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. The keyhole has now gone - eroded by time - but perhaps one day I will also fix a keyhole to that tree - so that another mother's babies can be enchanted by the 'house where the fairy lives' - at the end of the secret path. xx

    ReplyDelete