Tuesday 11 October 2011

Snow White and the Huntsman

Last week I started a new job at Pinewood Studios working on the new 2012 movie Snow White and the Huntsman. I didn't know what to expect at first. All I new that it was intense 7.30am till 7.30pm days 6 days a week and a lot of work. And having been set our first project at Uni today i am starting to feel that strain. Despite leaving for work when its dark and leaving from work when its dark (never seeing the light of day) I honestly don't care. I absolutely love it. I don't really know what my job roll is, I would say a Prop grafter. I'm part of a team helping make the props and set dressing for the different scenes within the film. Despite is being fairly monotonous work at times, its so amazing seeing things come together (and I've only been there a week!)

I've taken a few photos which I'm dying to upload but due to confidentiality and all that, I have to be patient and wait for the right time. The team are really nice, and making, cutting, spraying, painting all day is something I love doing. I have also bizarrely enjoyed waking up every morning when its still pitch black, silent and cold and watching the sun come up through my car mirrors. I also can't deny the fact that seeing Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth on set about 5 feet away from me was SO INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLE. We shall wait and see how the next month or so pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment